Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
This 18-page downloadable PDF reader contains activities and articles to enhance lessons on soil. The reader features an interview with an agriculture engineer and includes puzzles, quizzes, and visuals. The student reader and teacher guide are available free from the Nutrients for Life Foundation.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Types by Texture
- Plant Growth Affects the Soil
- Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 3-5)
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?
- Properties of Soils (Grades 3-5)
- Soil Formation & Edible Horizons
- Plants Around You
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- What's Our Soil Worth?
- Land and Soil in the Ecosystem
- How Does Your Garden Grow? (Grades 3-5)
- Color in the Garden