School to Farm Days
School to Farm Days bring together 4th-grade students and agricultural professionals for a day of hands-on agricultural education. Classes visit a variety of "stations" with each one focused on a particular agricultural area such as dairy, maple, bees, chickens, horticulture, wool, etc. As students rotate through the stations, they learn about local agriculture while making connections to our vital food and fiber systems. Core academic concepts are woven through the presentations including science, social studies, math and more. Join us for a fun-filled, educational day!
Tapping Into Maple Tradition
Tapping into Maple Tradition digs deeper into maple sugar production to uncover a wide variety of core academic concepts.
Grow Your Garden
Wanting to start or enhance a school garden in your district? Do you want the "added value" using gardening to meet your curriculum and the standards? Want to offer your students the hands on-minds on education they can sink their teeth into? Not sure how to do it? Click on the link to see what NHAITC has to offer for you!
Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
The Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix is an online, searchable, and standards-based curriculum map for K-12 teachers. The Matrix contextualizes national education standards in science, social studies, and nutrition education with relevant instructional resources linked to Common Core Standards. Search our instructional, classroom-ready resources now! After you find what you need, consider storing them in your personal binder — MyBinder! You will also receive monthly updates about what's new in the Matrix.
What We Offer
- Monthly Newsletter
- Subscribe to Newsletter Our newsletters bring you educational information, resource links, grant opportunities and general updates.
- School to Farm Days Annual hands-on learning days for fourth graders at local farms with the help of NHAITC and other agricultural professionals.
- Teachers' Workshops NHAITC offers professional development opportunities to teachers at educators' conferences and after school at various locations throughout NH.
- Lessons & Resources Check-out our online resources which blend various agricultural concepts with core curriculum concepts.
- Educational Kits Agricultural education kits to support a variety of lessons within your curriculum. The kits have everything you need for hands on-minds on activities that will engage your students.
- Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix The Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix is an online, searchable, and standards-based curriculum map for K-12 teachers.
- School Garden Website Garden-related lessons, grant possibilities, Master Gardener tips, current programs and more all packed into one website.